Monday, January 14, 2008

Pirate Mafia Holiday Hoedown

Ok, so unless you are one of my friends from high school you are probably looking at the title thinking I'm a real nerd. Well, as that might be true, the meaning is quite understandable. You see, twice a year my friends from high school get together for a party~ once in the summer and once around Christmas~ and I was trying to think of a title for this blog to distinguish it and all I could come up with was "Pirate Mafia." It's a little inside joke from high school so just go with it.

This year the holiday party was at my new place in Draper. A big shout-out to all that were able to attend: Jamie Smiley (Lifferth) fam, Emily Helm (Belliston) fam, Ryan Robinson fam, Mark Copier fam, Rachel Crump (I can't remember your maiden name) fam, Brennen Bowen fam, Michelle Anderson, Lori Labrum, Shane Babcock, and Sam Horne. Hmmm... am I missing anyone? If I did, SORRY! We totally missed you peeps that don't live here: Clayton, Stace, Dave, Tim, Andrea! Thankfully Michelle brought her camera!!! Thank you Chelle for letting me steal your photo's :) And to the rest of you who live in the valley but couldn't make it~ we'd better see you at the summer shindig.

This is a pic I found of me, Michelle, and Becky at Junior Prom our Senior Year. Ha ha ha. We wore our parents old prom dresses and the dudes put on their finest D.I. duds... LOVE IT!


Here's a trip down memory lane...


Yes, Brett has electrical tape running down the side of his pants. I wish you could see our crimped hair. So lovely.



Ok, back to the here and now!


It's the Bowen's! Don't you just love K's curly hair! And of course B looks exactly like Becky!! Becky is due in February and is absolutely tiny! I hope I look THAT good when I'm pregnant!!


The Copier's! Mark's little girl is so cute and tiny. He took her out to see the dogs and let Lola like her face. Ew Mark. We just won't tell your beautiful wife...



The Crumps and Lori :) Rachel's oldest little girl has NO FEAR! She kept wanting to go out and see the puppies. She loved playing with them!


The Robinson's! Ryan's baby girl is so funny. Just look at the expression on her face! When Ben was holding her she kept pulling faces at us. ha ha ha.

Thanks everyone for the good times and leaving your goodies for me to munch on for DAYS and DAYS afterwards! That's always the bonus for hosting... See you this summer!

4 comments:

Brady said...

Wow! Talk about flashback! I hope everyone had a great time.

Smiley Family said...

So much fun Sandy! Thanks again for hosting. I think it is great that we all still get together, even if it only twice a year.

Oh, and that prom was THE funnest dance of my entire high school dance experience. Good Times!

The Ericksons said...

Looks like some fun!!

The Simmons Family said...

Wish I could have been there!! Maybe I'll make it up to the summer get together. Kamryn would have LOVED the pups... I'm a mean mommy and won't let her have any pets. Loved the pics... can't believe high school was 10 1/2 years ago... I feel so OLD.