On Today's "ME" menu:
*DONUTS: Pony is staying with me this week and last night she bought donuts. So this morning I indulged in a delicious chocolate donut for breakfast. Mmmmm. WAY better than my usual boring oatmeal I eat when I get into the office. And since I ate it during birthday week there were NO calories. Amazing!
* BACK RUBS: I will be asking Ben for a back rub tonight, twice. ha ha ha. I have loved having my back scratched, arms tickled, feet rubbed, etc ever since I was little. That's how my dad got us to settle down. We still fight for who gets to sit next to dad. Hope Ben is rested...
*LOVE: I was thinking~ I should probably do something to improve my person during my birthday week and not take, take, take (even though it's really fun and basically the only time of the year you can do it). I read a really good quote and it went something like "When you're too busy judging you have no time to love." So, today I'm working on not judging a certain person. And finding things that I could possible love (or at least like) about this person. Find out what makes them tick and what makes them unique. I'm talking about one of Ben's friends who we will name Jugs. He's Ben's friend for a reason so I should find out more about him and not instantly put on a sour face when I see him. 99% of the time I'm thinking in my head why he annoys me instead of getting to know him. For example, he can at times be pretty darn funny. Sometimes crude, but before that point he can be kinda funny. So I'm trying to learn in my own special way how to love Ben's friend Jugs (because I know he's not going anywhere).
Those are my "ME" activities for today!
1 comment:
Sometimes the reason we do not like someone is because we see something in them that we do not like about ourselves. I always try and think about that when I am annoyed by someone. Of course sometimes, they are just idiots!
Post a Comment