Today is my dear friend Emily's birthday! Emily is one of the closest girlfriends I have and I am grateful to have her in my life.
Emily and I met when I was 12. She is the original "tough chick" who always stuck up for me even when I didn't have the guts too. Who stood by me and let me make my own mistakes and then held my hand when I needed it. Remember Junior Prom and the Chicken & Stork? That goes down in history as one of the best comeback moments of all time! ha ha ha. I have so many memories that involve you. From countless sleepovers where we stayed up laughing so hard it hurt to that moment when you told me you were pregnant to watching your beautiful children grow up right in front of my eyes. You promised me that Audrey would one day babysit my kids and I can't wait for that to happen!

I remember that trip to visit Stace at Yellowstone. When we learned about Ritz crackers and you taught me how to drive a stickshift.

I remember your wedding day. Gathering up in the bridal room right before you walked down the isle and crying because we felt so many emotions. Geez, tears are coming down my face right now. I'm such a sap when it comes to matters of the heart.
I remember the impromptu camping trips and campfires. Remember how you always kept a sleeping bag in the back of your white car?
You have stuck by side through these past 17 years and I love you dearly.
Here's to another 17! Happy Birthday Em!!

5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!!! Those pictures are awesome! Wish we weren't all getting so gosh darn old.
Happy birthday Emily! You are awesome and so is your great friend who posted this. Hope you had a wonderful day. Love the pics!
What a great tribute to one of your great friends! Those are the only kind of friends you need!
Sandra Dee! You are so wonderful! Thanks for the whole post about me! I'm so flattered- seriously. Thanks for being a part of my life and for the trip down memory lane with those pics- holy cow! We have had some truly great times and we will have even more! See ya Friday-
Great tribute Sandy! We missed you tonight. I'm thinking about you.
Post a Comment