My grandpa passed away at 11pm last night. I've been working on the powerpoint for his funeral for a few weeks now and I'm amazed at all the pictures that have come pouring in from my extended family. Here are a few of my favorites.

The last conversation I had with Grandpa in which he could actually respond to me with words was concerning my birthday. We decided that we were going to have a burping contest on my birthday. We talked about this a few weeks ago. Saturday when I went to see him I told my mom about our last conversation and she told me to tell him that my birthday was tomorrow (Sunday). So like I did what I was told and let Grandpa know that he only had to wait one more night for our birthday burping contest. And he kept his word.
This picture captures something that is rarely seen in the world of Grandpa. Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you. Grandpa is in fact on the floor playing with Syd.
It's my two grandpa's. When they were both healthy and smiling. I'm glad Grandpa Nelson is there to welcome Grandpa Beck. Now I have them both watching over me. My two guardian angels.
This picture cracks me up. Old photo's are a hoot!
Even though this slide show has been emotionally draining I'm glad I was given the opportunity to do it. It's allowing me to see my Grandpa happy and smiling.
11 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
Sandy-sorry to hear about your Grandpa :(. It's always hard to lose someone you love. He looks like a perfect grandpa and I'm sure he'll continue to watch after you.
I was totally fine this morning until I saw this. At least he is not hurting and confused anymore and at least Grandma doesn't have to constantly worry about him. And yes, I'm very sure that Grandpa Nelson welcomed him with open arms. It's so bittersweet.
I was sad to hear about your Grandpa. I am thinking about you! Those are some great photos, I am glad you have some happy memories of him.
I am so sad to hear about your Grandpa. No matter how much we realize that it is a good thing for them, it is so hard to let them go. ((hugs))
Just think, Grandpa can see and hear clearly now. His back doesn't hurt and there is no need to go hoe the weeds out of the garden anymore. He can speak FunaFuti all he wants to his Navy buddies. No more living in a box car like he did when he was younger. He can actually meet Zane Grey instead of reading all of his books. He can also hug his own family now- his mother and father, his brothers and sisters, and his grandparents. He can also talk to his newest granddaughter, Abigail, before she begins her journey on the earth shortly. It is a happy time for him. Thanks Grandpa, for looking past the bleached blonde hair, the attitude of high and mighty oldest grandson who thought he knew everything but was acting as dumb as a doorpost sometimes, the best intentions of coming to see you but never quite making it down for one reason or another, and loving my family and I for what we were- family. I will never forget the ride you and I took last summer- my pushing you in the wheelchair from your home to the park in Alpine for the family reunion and you commenting on each house along the way. I love you. May God bless you in your willingness to work on the other side of the veil and your family on this side who will miss you so much but look forward to seeing you again one day.
My heart goes out to you and your family during this time.
So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. He is an angel watching over you now and you will "burp" with him again one day.
So, so sorry Sandy. It is always hard to lose a grandparent, but at least he lived a good, long life.
I am so sorry Sanny- what can I do for you? I am thinking of you. Love, s
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa Sans. Love you.
Post a Comment