Monday, December 31, 2007

Bruised and Broken

Ha ha ha. So you know when you see someone slip in the snow you start laughing. They look around to see if anyone saw them and then they see you and are horrified. Well, I've never slipped in the snow in a public place until yesterday... dun...dun..dun. I stopped at the Chevron to get some gas. I walked around my car and *BLAM* I'm flat on my back. So I hurried and got up, looked around, and started filling my tank. I didn't see anyone! But then Holly reassured me that Yes, someone probably did see me. Like the attendant inside. DUH. And yes, I was even wearing snow boots. What ev'.

And then last night Ben and I were at his parents house. We were in the hot tub and his head and my top lip connected. *BLAM* Luckily, no fat lip that I can tell. It just hurts like a bugger.

And one more klutzy moment from this past week... I was getting out of the car to go get Ben's brother-in-law Jake (we were taking him down to Spanish Fork with us for Christmas Dinner) and *BLAM* I slammed my knee into the side of the car door as I almost fell in his driveway. Seriously woman. Get it together! At least I have a fun little bruise to show for it.

I have so many pics to post from the holiday shenanagans, so hang tight!

3 comments:

Smiley Family said...

I once fell down a couple of stairs at the U...people saw me and no one came to my assistance of even asked if I was okay. Which do you think is worse?

The Simmons Family said...

It's ok Sandy... I fell the other day at the mall (8 months preggers) and many of shoppers stopped to help the big pregnant girl stand up... horrifying experience. Nothing tops cheerleading formal with Scotty Hammond my sophmore year when I slipped down his front steps in the snow, in front of his family, ripped my pantyhose and was bleeding all over my dress. Humbling experiences come from our clumsyness!!

Princess said...

Sounds to me like you need to lay off the booze! I haven't fallen lately but I did sit in chocolate and then went grocery shopping without knowing it. Not pretty!