Good News. I've made it through the first two days. 14 more to go (not counting Christmas Eve). I'm talking about Ben being gone. These past two days have been touch and go. I dropped him off at the airport Saturday morning in that horrible snow storm. On the way to picking up Ana and Caleb at their house he wanted me to open one of my Christmas presents. It was a My Little Pony ornament. Very sweet. Yes, there's a story behind it. My family knows my trauma with My Little Pony. I will tell you the story if you ask. It's sitting on the top of my tree right next to the star. Of course that made me start to cry. Whatever. AND he gave me all my Christmas presents to put under the tree. They are just sitting their taunting me. "Open Me" they say.
Anywho, back to the story... After we dropped the boys off Ana and I drove straight to Starbucks to ease our sorrows and warm our little hearts. In the afternoon I went to see J.'s ballet recital. J is Ben's neice. Plus they fed me lunch. That night Ana and I kept ourselves busy going to dinner, trying to figure out how to make holiday door wreaths, and watching dvd's. Sunday I had David, Cathy, L., and M. over for dinner and to basically keep my company. Shonte left Sunday morning for Peru so I knew Dave was probably feeling those tinges of loneliness too. Plus, I've been getting A LOT of scrapbooking done.
Ben and Caleb missed their connecting flight in Atlanta on Saturday by 15 minutes due to the fact that their plane here in SLC sat on the runway for one hour. So they had to stay in Atlanta until 4:30pm on Sunday. But that was fine with me because I got to talk to Ben Saturday night and Sunday before they left. Caleb's phone worked for a split second when they finally landed at their end destination in Ecuador Sunday night so at least we know they got there. Lola's been mopey too. All she wants to do is curl up on the side of the bed where Ben stays. The boys are going to go scuba diving today. Lucky ducks! Hopefully they figure out how to use their phone cards soon so that I can hear about all the fun they are having. They have three days until surf camp begins.
At least I have work to keep my busy during the weekdays! It would be different if they were here in the states somewhere and I could talk to him whenever I wanted to, but being out of the country with spotty phone service is a different story. Plus he wasn't able to get any shots before he left so that worries me too. I'm sure he'll be fine but I'm such a worrywort. 14 more days. I can do this. No problem. I'm a grown woman. *sniff sniff*
3 comments:
I think that is so sweet that Ben got you a My Little Pony ornament - what a guy! I know you can make it through the next 14 day, I have faith in you!!
I want to hear the story...I do, I do, I do!
I have a shoulder if you need to cry on it once in a while. I'm good for that!
Wow! How cool for them.. and how lame for you! Stay strong darling! and you know that I am home a lot.. for the most part. We need to catch up on the love life that is Aimee! :D
Post a Comment