I know I will be swamped tomorrow and wanted to make sure to express what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. Looking over the past year my life has changed dramatically and I have a million reasons as to why I am thankful. So I've chosen my top 5 in no particular order:
1. Ben. He's in my life on purpose. He brings a calm to my crazyness. He introduces me to new experiences. He believes in me (especially my cooking). He has a huge heart that loves me unconditionally. He treats me with a respect I haven't known. He provides me with that intangible security. He has allowed me to break down that wall I had thrown up. And I absolutely adore his family. Oh my Benny-roo.
2. My family. They stood by me in a way that only a tight-knit family can. They have supported every decision I have made, even if they have not always understood the reason. They have helped me move twice all in one year. They have watched by and encouraged my starting over. dadmomgregmindycathydavidhollysignificantothersniecesnephews I love you.
3. Buster and Lola. When I made the decision in February to give them up it was incredibly difficult and I fully understood the plain fact that I might never get them back. Through the grace of Heaven they are once again mine. They are my babies. Yes, they are incredibly spoiled but they are all I have. And they will never leave me again.
4. Friends. What would I have done this past year with out you? You have seen every emotion from the bottom of the barrel to the top of the sky. I've been through some real tough situations with some of you and we've made it through in one piece. Each of you has a quality that I want.
5. My new home. Who would have thought? I was in the right place at the right time doing the right thing. The stars aligned. There is such a feeling of content when I walk through the door.
I don't know how I got so lucky this past year. I try to live my life with love and kindness. I believe in Karma. And I think this year it has come around to me.
I hope you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving! Don't forget to tell those that are important in your life that you love them.
2 comments:
I am very thankful for you too! Yes we have been through alot! Happy Thanksgiving to you and I love you! Talk to you soon!
That comment is me T not K! Oops...:)
Post a Comment