I have a guilty pleasure that I must admit to...
Around this time of year I start to get all giggly. And tingly. And warm fuzzies make frequent occurances.
Here goes... I am a Christmas music fanatic. Oh yes. I had completely forgotten that FM100 starts playing Christmas music on Halloween, until sweet, sweet Ben mentioned that his co-worker was listening to it. Thank you dear man. Thank you for unleashing the inner Christmas music freak.
I listen to it on the way to work. I listen to it on the way home from work. It calms the dogs in the morning and calms me on the way home when traffic is nuts. And yes, I sing from the top of my lungs! But when I need to roll down the window I hurry and turn the station because I don't want anyone to know how much of a Christmas Music lunatic I am. But once December 1st rolls around I can play it loud for everyone to hear.
I've already made Ben listen to it. Poor guy. I've got to get in a month of Christmas before he leaves for Peru so that's my excuse for starting early. It's really not my fault you see. Ben is forcing me to listen to Christmas music. Yeah, that's the story and I'm stickin' to it. I'm not a Christmas Music freak. Nope. Ok, well just a little...
Oh, and you want to know my favorite Christmas song? Good luck cuz everytime a new song comes on I usually say "Ohhhh, this is my favorite!" But just to name a few to indulge you...
Forgotten Carols (the entire soundtrack)
Rudolph, complete with child-added inserts
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas- sung by Judy Garland
The song Jolie and Buddy sing when she's in the shower on Elf (Baby It's Cold Outside)
Hmmm... I wonder if my radio here at work get's FM100.
2 comments:
I am with you on the Christmas music, but I have to wait until after Thanksgiving to listen to it. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I hate that it gets overshadowed more and more each year as the Christmas season seems to get longer and longer.
P.S. Keep singing to the top of your lungs if it is making you happy :)
Post a Comment