Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Round Two

This morning I woke up with a horrible pain in my left side... dun dun dun. I knew EXACTLY what was going on... it's the second kidney stone. Oh for the love of! Yesterday I could tell that something was starting. But it wasn't painful and I thought "oh, this one is going to be so much easier." I'm funny.

My sweet sweet mom came over at 7:30am and stayed with me until 3:30pm. She rubbed my back, held my hand, helped me breath through the pain (because I refused to go to the E.R. again), called the pharmacist to check on drug dosage, helped my potty the dogs, layed by me in the bed, and basically devoted her whole day to me. I think I even called her mommy a few times. Thanks momma :) I love you.

Who knows if it has passed or not... but I sure am lovin' these drugs. And no, I am NOT peeing into a strainer this time around. Ew.

5 comments:

Monica Lifferth said...

ouch Sandy. This takes the saying, "This too shall pass" a little to literal. I hope it did.

All About M.E.('s) said...

I've heard several people say that passing kidney stones is worse than having a baby without an epidural and I was too much of a whimp to even do that! I can only imagine how much pain you were in :(. Hopefully there aren't any more?

Smiley Family said...

So,so sorry Sand! Aren't moms wonderful. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Jamie said...

Sandy that sucks! I had a gall stone in July and one in September and it was awful! I finally got my gall bladder out and now I am gall bladerless. Keep up the drugs. Don't moms rock, mine was right by my side also!

Anonymous said...

Lucky! I wish Mom was by my side the while I was having problems with my kidney stone! Although, one time when the pain was especially bad, I called her bawling for like half an hour and made her cry too... Then I felt bad for making her cry.