Friday, October 19, 2007

Life Happens For A Reason

It happened. At 2:30pm today I signed the counteroffer. This gorgeous home might really be mine in one month. I might have my own Thanksgiving get-together after the actual holiday. I might have my own Christmas tree. I might have a scrapbook room. I might not feel guilty about leaving my dogs alone to run errands or go out on date with Ben or go meet my girlfriends for lunch. I might just truly feel at home again.

I admit that when Steve gave me the dogs permanently I was stressed. A lot. I promised myself though that I would not rush into buying anything that I truly didn't love. And I saw a lot of crap. I still have four months left on my apartment lease so I wasn't in a hurry. I agreed to look at that townhome in Draper for a reason. I knew I couldn't afford it. Sylvia just wanted to show me what we could do to fix up the one I COULD afford that was across the street. Who knew that the sellers would take $10k off their asking price, all because my realtor asked. I was in the right place at the right time doing the right thing for me and my tiny family (the dogs silly). I have to give a lot of credit to my realtor. She fought for me on this one. She has my back. If all goes as planned, I will close on my home two days before Thanksgiving. Boy, do I have something to be thankful for this year! As a matter of fact, I have LOTS of things to be thankful for this past year. But knowing me, I won't breathe fully until I have the keys in my hand. What I'm most proud of though is that I'm proving to myself that I can do anything I set my mind to. I'm regaining that confidence that I once had.

Everything happens for a reason.

I wanted to post pics of my gorgeous new place, but they've already been taken off all the real estate websites! Here's the only pic I could find and it does not do justice to the amazing interior (slate floors, crown molding, all upgraded light and nobs, extra room built into my bedroom, beautiful paint, extra shelving everywhere):

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I'm so excited for you!! I've seen the pics of the inside and you are right - it's fabulous! I'm so happy that you found something that you truly do love. Love you Sass Sass!

Ponus

Smiley Family said...

I am so happy for you Sand! You deserve this - you are definitely on an upward spiral!

All About M.E.('s) said...

That's so fantastic. Congratulations-it sounds beautiful!

Monica Lifferth said...

Congrats! Ummmm, did you say a scrap room? :)

Anonymous said...

COULD YOU PLEASE TAKE THAT DAMN SONG OFF THIS SITE, IT SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF ME EVERY TIME I COME HERE.....

Jamie said...

Um, have you heard anything? I love it and you so deserve it!

Michelle Andersen Nydegger said...

San! I had no idea you were looking for a place! So who is going to room with you and such? I'm excited for you! We need to do lunch still!
loves,
Chelle Belle