Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dogs- They Bark. It's a Fact.

There's a little known fact about dogs. They bark. Yep, it's true. But don't tell anyone because apparently it's a secret. Oh yeah, and I guess my dogs are really good at this little secret when I'm not a home.

Want to know how I know?

Did a neighbor tell me? Nope.
Did I come home early and catch them barking? Nope.
Are they extra yappy when I'm home? Not really.

So how do I know?

Officer Bob showed up at my door at 9:20pm tonight. Hmmm. He told me that they had been getting some complaints from neighbors that my dogs bark, a lot, when I'm not home. Well, that's news to me. They are dogs afterall, so a little barking is bound to happen. But excessive? Enough to call the cops? Oh yeah, and when I told the cop that I was unaware of this and wished that one of my neighbors would have come told me about the little "problem" he said that they told him they had tried but I was never home. Well you can always tell when I'm home because my car is in the driveway and between Holly and I someone is usually here in the evening. I think what upsets me the most is that nobody came to tell me because I would have worked at taking care of the problem. Ya know, like a responsible dog owner would do. Oh, and here's the kicker~ EVERYBODY on my little street owns a dog. Most of them more than one.

So $115 later BOTH Lola and Buster have bark collars. And not shock collars, but little collars that spray a puff of lemon scent when they bark. That's supposed to stop them from barking...

So to my neighbor who decided that having a cop tell me, instead of telling me in person or even in a letter taped to my door, that my dogs were being a little excessive in the woof woof department, Thank You! I had almost forgotten that we are all adults here and can work issue's out LIKE ADULTS. I'm glad that today I took my "adult pill." Maybe I should pass some on to you...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe the naughty neighbor couldn't even leave you a note. What up!! Poor Lola and Buster they are in for an unpleasent surprise tomorrow. Maybe your neighbor should go get a job so he's not sitting around his house all day listening to the dogs. Time to get a life. Love you babe- I would never call the cops on you.

The Trusty Blog said...

Uh Oh! That happened to us one time. We were out of town and our neighbor that was doggie sitting forgot to put the dog in one night so he barked all night. Yep...no one came to us either! Dumb neighbors!

The Lund Five said...

That is ridiculous! I can't believe that they wouldn't even talk to you in person about it. That would have been the right thing to do.

Tarika said...

It was probably the lady that woke you up in the middle of night to use your phone or get a ride from you...But seriously I can't believe that they didn't even leave a note or anything. Stupid people not taking their adult pills...

Anonymous said...

what an a-hole. I was going to cuss but i stopped myself. I would be so mad! poor babies!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Lame-o!