A while back I was part of a book club. One of the books chosen was Wicked. I got through the first chapter, Maybe... That's a big Maybe. I DID NOT like the book. Nope. So when Stacy said we were going to get tickets to see the play in Chicago I was skeptical. The only thing that gave me a ray of hope was knowing that Ben's mom and sister had just seen it in L.A. and really liked it. But was $100 ticket really going to be worth it?
It TOTALLY was!!! I absolutely loved it. The stage and props and costumes were gorgeous. The monkeys and their "Hellraiser" hair spooked me, but if that was the only thing creepy then I could definetly handle it. Usually during plays by the time the second half rolls around I am wondering how much longer I have to sit there. But not this time. I was completely and utterly engrossed in the story of Elphaba and Glinda. Oh, and by the way her name is really Galinda. Did you know that they are best friends? Yep. Oh, and did you know that the Wizard is really Elphaba's dad? Or that she had a sister who is paralyzed and fell in love with what we all know as the Tin Man? And one more thing, Elphaba has a son... I can't wait to read "Son of a Witch."
Jamie asked me if I had ever finished reading Wicked. I never did, but it's currently sitting on my nightstand so that's a good sign... As Elphaba says, "I feel Wicked."


2 comments:
It feels good to be WICKED, doesn't it?
Yeah, cuz I'm Popular! *Lean back and swing hair from side to side*
ha ha ha
Post a Comment