Tuesday, September 18, 2007

And The Angels Were Singing

As promised, today I start my Chicago journey through pictures. Let's talk about Tiffany's. I've been {obsessed} with Tiffany's ever since I saw the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's staring Audrey Hepburn. I saw my first real life Tiffany's store in San Francisco last year, but I didn't dare go in it thinking that I might shatter the magic I had built up around it. But I wasn't going to let the opportunity pass me by again...

Here is the Tiffany's in Chicago. I could hear the ANGELS SINGING as I opened the doors. All I wanted to do was try on my ring. The ring of my dreams. Every girl has "THAT RING". The one they fantasize about. For most of us, we fully understand that we will not ever possess it and that's why it makes it a fantasy.

I saw it sitting there in the case. {Shining} up at me. All {sparkly} and {beautiful} . All those diamonds. I couldn't get too greedy so I asked to try on one of the smaller Legacy rings. I slipped it on and I think the heaven's opened up. Then the feeling passed. You're not actually supposed to try on your fantasy ring. That makes it no longer a fantasy. True, it was absolutely gorgeous. And looked just right sitting there perched on my finger. But alas, I had to take it off and put it back in it's case. And lock it back in my dreams. For it is my fantasy ring and that's where it needs to stay.
Oh, you say you want to know the damage if you actually purchased the ring I was wearing? It was one carat with .73 carats surrounding it. For the measley price of $24,000. Pocket change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how I am so jealous...

Jamie said...

How fun! Got to love Tiffany's. Can't wait to see more Chicago pics.