Normally today, June 1, would be a special day. A day to celebrate. A day of extra little tokens of love.
But instead I'm unsure. Do I treat it like any other day or do I take a moment out of my day and reflect? Do I honor the memory of this day or go about my business?
Can I proactively make a new memory on this day or would that dismiss all that I've learned over the past six years?
How today goes is up to me. I'm not going to be sad or bitter. I am going to celebrate, for a small moment, the fact that someone cared enough to love me. That's pretty cool if you ask me. Even though this day will never be celebrated in the way it used to be, I can always remember that someone thought I was extremely special. I believe that one day in the future, someone once again will think that and a new day will become my special day.
2 comments:
I love you and I will always love you because you are my sister!
You have an amazing attitude, and I love you for it! Keep up the PMA! -Jamie
Post a Comment