Today is my Grandpa Nelson's birthday. I try not to think about him much because everytime I do I tear up and get really sad. But since it's his birthday I thought I would give him a good old fashioned SHOUT OUT with a few of my favorite memories!
* I LOVED sharing my birthday with Grandpa! Since our bdays were a day apart we always had a combined party on the Nelson side of my family.
* Remember taking us to see the pigs and the ducks?
* Waking up to the smell of pancakes! Mmmmm
* Grandpa always gave us a dollar when he saw us! Remember that dollar I gave back to you? I'm sure you still have it in your hand. And all the pennies I stuff down the side of your headstone each anniversary?
* Let's go collect shells at the lake!
* Thank you for ALWAYS telling me I was beautiful, even during those really ugly duckling years. I could always count on you. And so could all of my girlfriends...
* HA HA HA~ Remember when you told that worker at Wendy's that I was single?
* "Ray, leave the nice waitress alone."
* "Sandy, you're my girl."
Happy Birthday Grandpa. Miss you and love you.
3 comments:
Make me cry, geez... Especially the part of how you put a dollar in his hand at his funeral. What a sad day. I miss him.
I miss him too Pony. It's ok to cry little girl. I did yesterday too.
Thanks for the memories. I miss Grandpa a ton, and I know he's smiling down on us from heaven!
Post a Comment