Wednesday, May 9, 2007

3 Days!

3 Days and Counting!!


Today's Topic: PACKING.



Oh the ever-daunting task of packing. And this is no little 4 day trip. Packing for 8 days is a little bit more involved. I've been reading this locals guide for tourists and here's their recommended packing list for ladies:

1. t-shirt
2. sarong
3. swimsuit
4. flip flops

What? That's it? Are you serious? What about make-up (at least mascara!!) or hairspray or my blow dryer or those really cute hoop earrings? What if we go out to dinner to a nice place? I'm going to need my heels! Can I pack one pair at least?

And I need all those can't live without items- like my camera, MP3 player, cell phone (for texting home duh), magazines for the airplane, sunglasses, and at least 4 different colored headbands.

The tourist guide said all I would really need is an overnight bag. That's really funny and I am pretty sure that it was a misprint. It had to be! I plan on taking my hot pink large suitcase, oh yeah and my new giraffe-print carryon (complete with pink handles and pink piping). But I'm having Ben pack his stuff in my suitcase too, so really I'm not using ALL of the room. Besides, he only needs a tshirt, swimsuit, and flipflops. Right? That's what the packing guide says...

Oh yeah, and don't let me forget the sunscreen!

No comments: