Thursday, May 10, 2007

2 Days!!

2 Days and Counting!


Today's topic deals with Weather and the "dreaded last day of work before vacation."


Let's start out with the weather!
Today the temp on St. Thomas is a balmy 82 degrees, but with the humidity it feels like 89. Plus there is a light rain. The five day forecast is predicting temperatures to be in the high 80's with a light rain daily. May is a light rain month for the Virgin Islands.
On a good note- May is not hurricane season. That would be September, note to self.

Oh yeah, and the water is hanging at a temperature of 80 degrees. Hmmm... just like bath water.

Next Topic: Dreaded Last Day of Work Before Vacation

Why is it that the last day of work before you leave on vacation always seems to go soooo sloooow? Is it because of the anticipation or because you know you have so much work to get done and you really can't concentrate to do any of it? Who knows, but today is going by s o o o s l o w !!
At 9am today I was already chomping at the bit to go home. There's so many things I still have to do!! I've been making list after list of what I need to pack, things to do before I leave, calls I have to make, etc. It goes on and on. Let's take a look of things I have to do before I leave:
* Make a packing list (so that I can consolidate and take only what I NEED)
* Pack duh!
* Shop! I need all those little things like zip lock bags, travel sizes of shampoo, a new memory card for my camera cuz i'm too lazy to delete pics off my current card, get a case for my MP3 Player
* Speaking of my MP3 Player... I have to try downloading AGAIN tonight. Tarika and I though we figured it out last night and so after 3 hours of downloading you can imagie my frustration when I went to bed and found out NOTHING had actually downloaded on to my player. GRRRR. Ben I need your help!
* Figure out who's taking us to the airport
* Close on my house!!
* Go tanning
* My new bed and mattress are both being delivered on Friday so I have to dismantle my room so it will all fit and then I have to set it all up when it arrives!
* WAXING! YAY! My appointment is at 12:30pm tomorrow. Phew!
* Call to set up a cancelation date on all the utilities that I still have on at my house.
* Remember to tell mom Happy Mother's Day since I'll be M.I.A. on Sunday. Oh, and maybe I should give her a present before I go. Oh yeah, and I told Ben I would go shopping with him for his mom too. Maybe I can just get them the same thing. That's a plan!
* Remind (or rub it in) everyone at work that I'm gone all next week and no, there is no way to get a hold of me.
* Did I say Pack?
* I still need to buy that skull swimsuit! It is so adorable!!


I'm sure I could add more to the list! Can you now see why it's so hard to work today? Oh the dreaded last day of work before vacation!!

1 comment:

The Ericksons said...

Hope you had a blast. I am sure your are all tan and lovely- BRAT! You deserve the R&R!