
Let me tell you a little bit about Coki Beach. It was a secluded little spot that Russ found a sign for off the side of the road. When we arrived there were only about 5 other white people there. This was very typical! Apparently something is really funny that only Russ knows about. I am imagining that he's laughing at the old lady we just saw with toilet paper hanging out of our swimming suit. Ewwww!


The beach had soft white sand and amazingly blue, clear water. Ben was so excited to try out his new snorkeling gear he had bought at the market that morning. He snorkeled almost the whole time we were there. Ben discovered a school of these beautiful white fish with yellow stripes. He called me over and I had no idea what I was in for. I thought they were all going to take a big bite out of me!!


This is our little friend Lisa and I made. I was getting ready to take a picture and he strolled up and told us he had something even better than a photograph. He wanted to draw pictures of Lisa and I. Well ok sir! He was originally from New Jersey and has lived on St. Thomas for 18 years now. It was amazing to watch him work. He drew on the back of old reports with a pen and oil chalks. He was a sweetheart and "enhanced" what I already had in his rendition of what Ben and I look like. Ben's looking like a studly Fabio and well... I'm looking... um... if you really must know ask me to see the picture...

Check out Ben's sweet tan line going right down his side. If you look close enough you can see my finger imprints. ha ha ha. We are both white children for life! No tan. Only burn. From here you can't see the special signs they had posted. If you walk farther down the beach there are hand painted "massage" signs. Hmmm... I think I will pass thank you.
The sunset at Coki Beach was indescribable.

But of course my favorite picture of Coki Beach is this one...
4 comments:
YAY!!! I can't wait to see the whole CD of your pictures! I will burn you one tonight of mine and we can swap! These are beautiful! I am so lucky to have been able to go to paradise with my best friend! Love you! L
I second that motion! I too am so lucky to FINALLY go to paradise with my bff. Love you!
I am so jealous. It looks like you had a lot of fun..
I am so happy to have you home! It looks amazing, you really couldn't describe to me the beauty of that place. I am way jealous! Anyway, maybe when I am not a poor student I will have to join my two best friends in paradise too! Love you lots! T
Post a Comment