The official countdown to the Virgin Islands has begun! So everyday this week, as I countdown, I will give you interesting facts and points about the Virgin Islands.

Eco-Tour. Yes, you read that right. It says Eco-Tour and I'm going on one when we are there!

Here's the description they give on the website:
"A unique, multi-eco experience awaits you. KAYAK among the many small islands of the Inner Mangrove lagoon. Stop and learn why the Mangrove Ecosystem plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy offshore coral reefs, reef fish populations, and shoreline stabilization. HIKE the pristine, deserted 15 acre island of Cas Cay, in the Virgin Island Park System Explore mangrove forests and observe hermit crabs. Enjoy many breathtaking views from coral and shell beaches, at the base of volanic cliffs and marine time pools, complete with a rare geologic blow hole. SNORKEL a coral-fringed mangrove nursery with each beach entry. Snorkel in the clear protected waters."
So of course I need the proper footwear for this "eco-tour." Good thing Nordstroms carries Keen's. See what I purchased! They didn't have any pink ones so I was forced to go with black. They are waterproof, eco-friendly, and have this cute little protector over my toes, because I like to stub my toes (and I've got a really great pedicure going on that I don't want to mess up).

It's going to be a blast! I just hope I can survive because I have a slight memory of a hiking trip I took in college where one of the boys commented on my superior hiking skills~ "You know Sandy, if we were pioneers you would be the first to die." Hmmm...
4 comments:
Ohhh...I love my Keens! Watch out though...they get stinky if you wear them too often. Landon's have to sit outside sometimes during the summer!
Don't worry, these shoes won't be on my "normal" rotation...
I want to see you wear them to the office!
Only if you wear yours...
Post a Comment