This blog I'm ranting. Not raving, ranting. So bear with me.
I'm getting {frustrated}.
People, when your insurance agent calls you to get a statement...
*Please speak clearly.
*Please, don't try to be funny.
*Please, don't stutter unless you honestly have a speech problem.
*Please, don't try and give a statement when you are fighting to control your kids, or your dog, or your friends.
*Please, reschedule if you have been drinking and are slurring your words.
*Please, don't get testy with the interviewer~ they are just doing their job and asking pre-set questions~ and yes, one of those questions is "had you consumed drugs, alcohol or prescription medication in the last 24 hours?" That is a valid question. Answer it.
You are frustrating me. I already have to decipher your accent and your slang. Oh, and one more thing, have manners. That means NO burping, slurping, chewing, or talking over the interviewer. Let's add bathroom breaks to that list. No call has ever lasted over 18 minutes, you can hold it. Trust me.
Because you know what, you are making for some really good stories. Really, all I can do it laugh at most of these calls. I once had a 15 minute call that took me 4 hours to transcribe due to many of the things listed above. Yes, I have to type out every single thing. From stutters to "uh's" to you trying to talk over the interviewer. Let's get it together! But at least I'm learning all sorts of proper grammar. I didn't know you were supposed to have two spaces between the period and the first letter of the next sentence. Go figure.
I got my first paycheck today from my 2nd job. In training I was warned that it would be small since I'm only doing one file per day (because you're in training for 60 days). And {small} it was. But it's a few bucks more than I would have had. And at least it will get bigger... Cuz if I didn't, I'd be out. O-U-T.
Now, some tips if you see yourself about to get in an accident and other random bits I've learned in my first month and a half~
1. Honk! You will more than likely be asked if you took evasive action to try and avoid an accident.
2. Take pictures of the damage. 99% of us have cell phones with picture taking capability.
3. Draw a map so that when the interviewer asks you what happened you can correctly give them the right directions you and the other car(s) were traveling. Hmph.
4. Don't try and run from the scene. Bad. No-no.
5. If you feel ANY pain, get checked out by your doctor immediately! Don't wait on it or they will think you are making it up. Trust me. If I think you are fibbin', imagine what the interviewer is thinking.
6. ALWAYS wear your seatbelt! This should be a no-brainer.
7. And lastly, don't get into a fight with the other driver.
I haven't just transcribed auto accidents. I've done burglery, automatic vehicle combustion, 4-wheeler accidents, and personal injury claims. Don't get me started on the burglery folks...
Ok, thank you. I am dusting this off my shoulders and am headed to lunch where I can fill my belly with some goodness. Thanks for the rant.
3 comments:
Evasive action doesn't always matter...depending on the cop though. I was hit by a girl who happened to be day dreaming and decided to turn left even though she had to yield. But the cop let her off without a citation because she was "very apologetic." (Exact words on the accident case!) Are you freaking kidding me??? Apologetic??? I couldn't drive with my steering wheel straight. Sorry...that was my rant. My insurance company was really good though and I didn't have any crazy stories for them.
Well thanks for ruining all my fun! DAMN YOU!
HILARIOUS! Hopefully that paycheck gets bigger and bigger!
Andrea
Post a Comment