Saturday, May 24, 2008

Proof

Ben and I went camping in Diamond Fork last weekend. We took our bikes. Now keep in mind, that I have had my bike since I was 16 years old and my tires are still the same as when I got it... oh and did I mention that my tires still have those little things that poke out when you buy brand new tires. Yeah, mine still haven't worn off... Does that tell you something??


Ben wanted to take a little ride so I hopped on and away we went. Overall we rode 8 miles that trip. And I knew that once I started telling my family about my bike adventure they wouldn't believe me, because let's face it... I'm not the most physically inclined person. Ben took these two shots of me so that there would be...


PROOF!


This first pic is of when the road turned to gravel and we went through a gated area onto gravel, sand, dirt, unsteady ground. As you can see I still am fully clothed. And no this photo is not staged. I did not put my bike in Ben's car and drive up the mountain and then hop out and onto my bike. Seriously, the ideas you guys come up with.

This is after we got done with the whole gravely mess. I was as hot as a can be. I stripped of my shirt, rolled up my shorts and pulled my hair back into pigtails. In just the 45 minutes that I had my shirt off and tank top only my back got FRIED!!! I didn't put sunscreen on my back that morning because I had a shirt on... I'm just barely starting to peel today. Ewwwww.


So to anyone (ie. family) who doubts my ability to be physically active here are the pictures to prove that yes, in fact, I, SandyPants Nelson might actually have a hidden ability. Now when can I get one of those motorized scooters??




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh oh oh!! get one!! I am this summer!! i miss you so much.. wish i could have gone!! love you miss pants!

The Simmons Family said...

Oh Sandy... hope your burn feels better. I'm with you on the physical demanding thing...yuck...especially int he heat! I'm sure you and Ben had fun camping!

Smiley Family said...

Way to go Sand!! I am super impressed and I am still loving that Ben has gotten you to try so many new things. Way to go Ben! I really do think it looks fun. I need to get myself a bike.

Princess said...

Hopefully you don't get cancer now.

Anonymous said...

Look at you go! That's my girl :) I'll ride with you anytime!

-Aimee

Tarika said...

This is something that I am so proud of...I am impressed with Ben's ability to get you outdoors getting dirty and sweaty and working out in the non-dirty way that you told me to!

Anyway...yes you blogged, but please note that it was a couple days after I tagged you and you are my blogging queen who's blog I to you read!

Anyway I miss you guts and I hope that you are doing great talk to you soon!