Every year there is one week that inevitably turns out to be the most exhausting week of the year for work. Yeah, this post might be long, but it will be worth it at the end...
Monday was the start of Panic Free Week at the U of U. Panic Free Week is the name they give to the first week of school at the U. We have bankers up on campus all week for a tabling event. And I'm the one who pulls all the pieces together. But not only is it Panic Free Week, I've also been coordinating all three student onsites for the three extensions of SLCC for our bankers to attend. I could go into lots of boring detail but I'm gonna save you and just let it be known that...
The Last Week of August = Hell Week for Sandy
I know I'm exhausted if I end up snoring while I sleep. Well, let's just say I was a snoring machine last night. And it's only Monday... Which leads me to our topic of today's post.

So Cupcake is my favorite secret indulgence. When I want to reward myself that's where I go. As I was driving around delivering student onsite boxes yesterday I wanted to stop at So Cupcake and reward myself (or prep myself) for the start of a successful student campaign week. Also, it would be a yummy treat at the end of a long, hard day. Some people drink, some people shop, some people excercise to release stress, but I like to indulge in a cupcake. And my hips thank me. But *WAIT* as I pulled in to the parking lot it hit me, they're not OPEN on Monday.
*BIG SIGH*
So today was my day~ I got me and Ben cupcakes from So Cupcake. When I'm saying it's my most favorite, I'm truly saying it's the BEST cupcake place in Salt Lake. And I've got the proof to back it. Let me compare it to the other two popular cupcakeries in the valley. First is Mini's. Mini's has beautifully fancy cupcakes. But they are mini size only. And their mini cupcake costs as much as a regular So Cupcake. They taste pretty good, but not worth the price you pay. The other is Diva's. Diva's is also a coffee spot. They only have a few cupcakes and really you only get two or three flavors of cupcakes and it's the frosting they try and give crazy flavors to. Oh, and they cost as much as a So Cupcake. If So Cupcake was a diamond, Diva would be a dandelion. So I know what I'm talking about. TRUST ME.
The story behind So Cupcake is cool. Kevin is the owner and he got to know me real quick. I'm in there all the time buying cupcakes for the stores when they acheive something great. Click here to check it out!
Which leads me to my next point of this post... So Cupcake is one way I reward myself for a job well done or a reward for a really hard day.
What is your indulgance for a job well done??
I will randomly (via Random.org) pick one winner from the responses and they will win...
Drum roll please...
A gift card to So Cupcake!!! Oh, for the love of all that is good.
Rules:
- Post your response by midnight, Saturday, April 29 (because that's the official end of Sandy's Hell Week).
- Sit Back.
- Relax.
- And wait for me (well, Random.org) to pick a winner on Sunday, April 30th after I get back from a night of fun in Vegas with two of Ben's gorgeous sisters. I will post the winner Sunday night.
And then you too can indulge in a little cupcake therapy. Mom, I guess this means you'd better figure out how to post a comment...
14 comments:
So of course I want to enter!!!
Oh and just so you know there is a slight typo in the dates...it says April, but I am sure you meant August.
Have fun in Vegas chickee!
I love So Cupcake and haven't been there for almost a year, it is time!! When I deserve an indulgence (which I am not sure I ever deserve one) I love to read my Us Weekly and have ice cream- WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS!!!!!!
I have never been there. I have been to Mini's. I definately need to try them out.
When I deserve an indulgence, I love to go out with friends and shop, do dinner, and get pedis.
See people, told you I'm exhausted. Yes, I meant AUGUST, not April. Silly brain.
love, lack of sleep brain sandy
I hope you mean August and not April because I don't want to wait until April to find out that I am the winner! I would love to try that place. It sounds Yummy! Anyway my indulgence would be chocolate particularly Ghirardelli Chocolate with caramel. Love it!!
April,August! Tomato, Tomatohhh!
My indulgence? 3 words....
RED VELVET CUPCAKES! (homeade ofcourse!) I will have Ryan bring you some this week!
Hang in there Chicky!
My indulgence would be a good book in the bath tub, or chocolate (anything),cake, Leatherby's or lets just face it, I just want sugar in any form.
ohhhh cupcakes yummm!!! I love a good pastry :) My indulgence is 100% the white chocolate rasperry cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. I believe i deserve one daily, although unlike yours my hips dont agree :)
Mmmmmm... cupcakes. On a job well done I like to reward myself with a brownie from Kneaders. Any kind of brownie they have - cream cheese, mint, regular or german chocolate. Or aometimes a doughnut from Banbury Cross. They make the best doughnuts EVER! But since I live closer to Kneaders, that one usually wins.
my reward? Yummy delicious double fudge brownie from Starbucks. I don't know why but I crave...
You know this girl, but I am gonna post and *hope* random will pick me for a cupcake card... maybe if I bribe random...hmmm...
I need a cupcake! I've been exhausted for almost 4 weeks now and probably will be until Banana starts sleeping through the night! My indulgence is anything chocolate. I'm not too picky, just give me some chocolate and I feel much better!
Your week is half over, so good luck getting through the next few days!
I had to think about this- what would constitute an indulgence? I regularly reward myself with M&M's, cookies, Blue Bunny Homemade Chocolate ice cream, etc, and more. So an indulgence would have to be something that I go out of my way for, and that I don't get on a regular basis, and I came up with two- the double chocolate shake from Coldstone and Black Forest Brownies that I make for myself on my birthday.
I've never had a fancy cupcake from a fancy cupcake place- I hope I win!
Cupcakes? I think the only ones I have had are from mom. I like to indulge by getting some Combos at 7-11 and watching WWE and pretending that it's real.
Post a Comment