Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where In The World Is Carmen SANDY-iego?

Next year I turn the big
Ben and I want to go on a super fabulous vacation~ like for 2 weeks. We're starting to think of all sorts of places... Mexico, Hawaii, cruises, Bahamas, Alaska (ask Ben...), to name a few. I have like 8 months to plan and save up.


So here's where my you come in...


Where have you always wanted to go?


Where have you already been that you would totally go back to?


Any cost-cutting ideas?
(Thanks Stace for the hint to rent a house if we go to Hawaii. We have found some great ones on Kauii already)


I can't believe in less than 9 months I'll be 30. But 30's the new 20 right? At least that's what Ms. Bradshaw tells me. Or as Jenna says in 13 Going On Thirty~ "30, flirty, and fabulous!"


11 comments:

Simply Tickled Pink and Blue said...

Well I am beating you to the big 30 & frankly I am not excited about it. I keep telling everyone that it is a really good excuse to have a midlife crisis and get some unrealistic things...whadaya think? Are you on board with me? I'm thinkin' that for my year of 30 I am going to get a 20 year old body :)

Tarika said...

EUROPE...duh...Seany and I were thinking of it in May too. Just so you know...cost cutting ideas...let me do some research...

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

I would definatly recommend Cancun! Ryan and I has so much fun...However, if I were turning 30 (which is coming up in a year and a half) I would definatley go to Italy!

Jane said...

I don't have any suggestions for travels but I have over a year of experience in the 30's if you have any questions. I need to make 30 look better though.

The Simmons Family said...

I'm SO excited for the big 30!! I think you should go somewhere exotic for at least a week... because someday you'll have babies and you won't get to go away without feeling guilt, anxiety and just plain missing them.

Not only will I be 30 next year, but it's our 10 yr wedding anniversary... any ideas for me???
Oh... and we have to take 2 kids along for the trip.

Andrea

Smiley Family said...

I am too jealous to give you any advice! ;0)

Seriously, go nuts! Take full advantage of being kid-free (aside from Buster and Lola of course) and go on the vacation of a lifetime. I will just sit back on my 30th birthday and try to live vicariously through you.

Greg Nelson said...

Whoa, Sandra, you are trying to plan a vacation and not considering sunny, (very) barren, but invitingly glowing, Tooele? Can't figure out why. I don't know what your budget is like but DC in the spring is awesome with the Cherry Blossom Festival. Sounds like you are planning on something further south though. However, if you really want to be wild, a trip to the Baltics/Moscow/St. Petersburg is always high on my list for personal reasons. Springtime in Russia is amazing and you would avoid the tourists that swarm the place in the summer. Let us know where you decide to go. By the way, 30 is not so bad, trust me. At least Kathryn is still 19.

Daffany said...

WOW Sandy! You are the blog queen! Thanks for the comment! I totally agree with you-bitter sweat! I hope all is well with you and Ben. Keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Sandy I would totally go to Europe. I have always wanted to travel to Italy- eat the fabulous food drink the FABULOUS wine. If you want something stateside DC is really nice in the spring.
I use to live in Hawaii and would definately go back there just for the rest and relaxation. Jake and I visited San Diego and went to Coranado. So wonderful. The Hotel del Coranado is very luxurious. Where ever you go or do just enjoy being together. Love ya- have fun deciding!

Princess said...

Mexico is my absolute FAVORITE place to go so that is my suggestion! Stay in Playa Del Carmen and rent a house, over staying at a resort! So much better and then you can go find the private beaches! Awwwwwwww heaven!

Sage the Rage said...

so you don't know me, but I am Seany's sister, and I have read your funny blog for a little while now (you crack me up) and we did Europe 2 years ago . . . we backpacked and took a single walled tent (totally lite packs easily) and there are TONS of camping places esp on the beaches. I HIGHLY recommend the Italian Riviera and the Cinque Terre. We went to spend 3 days and stayed 8... if you go to Europe shoot me an email I will tell you all about how we saved ... and how we didn't.