Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Bum Burner

This weekend we hiked Lake Blanche, part of the Twin Peaks Mountain Range.




Me, pre-dying-of-sweat stage.




Bea-U-tiful! This was WORTH the hike! The water was crystal clear.




Ben doing one of his favorite things.





He caught fish after fish after fish.




Hey, what's that in the distance?




MOOSE! RUN!
Lake Blanche stats:
3000 ft elevation climb
3 miles
Intermediate level
Aching buns and thighs and calves and tootsies and...
But ALL worth it!

8 comments:

Theresa said...

Those are some great pictures. I would die hiking up there.

P.S. Dewby is going awesome! Him and my sister's dog get along great and the kids love him.

Jamie said...

That looks beautiful, how fun. I wish I wash in enough shape to hike like that. You are freaking awesome!

Tarika said...

The lake is beautiful! We will have to go with you when the leaves start to change...I think that it would be so beutiful...not that it needs any help! Keep working on those bums!

Princess said...

Moose are mean! Good thing it was across the lake? Did you fry up the fish and eat em?

Anonymous said...

Nice job Sans! It looks like a gorgeous hike. You'll have to let me know how to get to it so Alex and I can go give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Sorry.. Love me.

-Aimee

The Domans said...

Wow, I can't believe she has started kindergarten. I remember comming to her 1st birthday party, time is flying! Benjamin looks adorable in his little blessing outfit.

Smiley Family said...

What a great hike - looks beautiful! Once again I must tell you to thoroughly enjoy all your freedoms now. Someday, when you have kids, it is just not as easy. It is all still possible, just not as easy. Hiking is a lot harder when you have a kid strapped to your back!