I've been having some funky lower back pain for the past few weeks. Ibruprofen & heat haven't helped. A massage hasn't helped. So I finally caved in and went to the chiropractor. Today was my second visit and we got to look at my x-rays.
Let's look at my back. Ignore the perfect artistic work...
I've always known that I have slight scoleosis and that my right hip is higher than my left. Big deal. But today I found out that I have some dis%$#%blah-blah-blah going on down there. Yeah, I can't remember the word he used. Basically, I am part of the 15% of the population was a quote-unquote extra vertebrae that can't decide if it wants to be part of my spine or part of my sacrum. What to do, what to do...
So me and the chiro doc talked about what stretches and types of physical excercise I can do so not to aggravate my lame-o 15% of the population condition. And you know what he told me... NO RUNNING. For two reasons~ because my hips are off and because of this weirdo extra vertebrae.
Am I terribly sad? Not really. I knew I didn't like to run for a reason. Thanks for the validation doc.
6 comments:
I haven't commented in FOREVER, but I read every single post! I'm sorry about your 15% population confused verebrae. I hate running.. maybe I can come up with a good excuse too!
So does this mean that if you have a baby you will break your tailbone during delivery? Yikes!! At least you have a good excuse not to run!
Thank you for the diagram so that we can understand what you indecisive vertebrae are doing.
So what other activities can or can't you do? Hope that your back gets feeling better!
That is an amazing picture! As for Lisa up there, ouch!!!! Was that necessary lol That really sucks, I always thought you looked a little lopsided (not really)
Wish I could use that excuse for not running. I'm going to try it anyways and see how far it takes me. haha By the way your graphics were awesome!
How did I not know that we shared the scoliosis condition?!! Man, you think you know your friends. And as far as having a baby goes, I don't know how delivery will be (I didn't have to deal with the extra vertebrae), but the pregnancy was really hard on my back and hips. It's the only time that it has bothered me. So, good luck with that on when the time comes.
P.S. My right hip is higher than my left too.
Post a Comment