Monday, April 13, 2009

Scuba and the Wild Blue Yonder

Remember this?



The look of fear in my eyes?




Yeah, after a while I was okay because either the instructor or someone else was always holding my hand. Would you think I would ever venture to try scuba diving again? Sure, I concequered my fear for this one experience. But am I crazy enough to do it again?



YES!!!! But I'm going one step further and getting CERTIFIED in...

SCUBA DIVING.





HOLD THE PRESSES...
Now, I know you're saying to yourself one of two things...

#1- Sandy, aren't you terrified of drowning and dark water?

ANSWER- Yep.

#2- But didn't you conquer your fear of that in the Virgin Islands?

ANSWER- Yep.


{Blondie here can't make up her mind. I guess the first class is when I'll tell if I'm still a little fearful or if it's all good and a miracle has happened.}


With the 2 months left until we go to Hawaii, Caleb and Ben had the brilliant plan of getting certified for our trip so then we wouldn't have to do the introductory class again and will have more freedom on our dives. So instead of doing the big Skydiving adventure for my 30th birthday, we're doing the Scuba adventure.




Oh, for the love of, what am I thinking?



Good luck, God bless and if I happen to start to drown in the pool, crater, or ocean, PLEASE, Ana come save me. Ben and Caleb will be too busy doing weird boy things.

5 comments:

BananaShoes said...

hahaha..I will save you Miss pants.. you know they will be off doing weird boy things....

Tarika said...

Ben is manly...he will save you. Good job on conquering your fear! I am very proud of you!

Dean and Karen said...

I am not going to let Uncle Dean see this because then he will tell me there is no excuse for me to not dive. If Sandy can do it, then I could do it. NOT! NOT! NOT!!!!! Way to go girl!

Smiley Family said...

That is awesome! Way to conquer those fears. And I agree, the ocean is a freaky place!!

Lis said...

Oh man...memories! I still remember freaking out when I started sinking from all the weight they loaded us with! But then it got easy, I'm excited to hear how your next scuba adventure goes.

Make sure Ben takes that same camera, OR if you are feeling spendy the make digital underwater cameras! They are awesome and take great pics, one guy had one on our last trip.