Monday, April 27, 2009

Let's Celebrate the DMV!

Since it's my birthday this week, I figured I would have a whole week of celebration. So everyday for one week (my weeks are Monday-Sunday) I challenge myself to celebrate one thing that happened that day...

Today I celebrate the DMV and the beautiful little tool called ExpressPay.

And why do I celebrate the DMV? Well, since my car is a 2004 and it's 2009, I get to skip my Emissions and Inspections this year. Which also means I can go one more full year without fixing the stinkin' crack in my windshield. Oh, and it saves me a few bucks and a little sanity from waiting for my annual tests to be done on a precious Saturday morning.

It doesn't matter that I had to call the DMV four times to get help. I didn't matter the first time my address hadn't been changed so I never got my ExpressPay renewal letter with the magical passcode. I didn't matter that I had to log in with my old ZIP code and didn't figure that out until my second call. And I didn't matter that I had to use my old married last name to FINALLY log in, which I found out after my third call. And, yes, it was even okay that I called them a fourth time in a panic because I was worried my decals were going to go to my old address in Sandy.

So to you DMV and wonderful ExpressPay, I celebrate you. Now, let's not talk about how much it cost for registration this year. One year that too will be celebrated because the price will go down.

YAY for the DMV!

2 comments:

Tarika said...

Oh I love the DMV! I am still waiting for my new drivers license...yep I purchased it over a month ago online and I am still waiting for a new non-expired drivers license.

YAY! for the DMV and how wonderful they are! And your Birthday celebration!

Lis said...

Hey, even more to celebrate, insurance will almost always cover your windshield replacement! Russ and I both got new ones free in the last 6 monts. Mine even came and did it in my garage!!!

P.S. I went shopping today. ;)