
Sugar...
Oh, sweet, sweet, sugar.
You give me peep
And then let me down.You satisfy my afternoon cravings,
But don't do anything for my bum.
So, alas, I must let you go,
And put you away in a little box.
I was talking to BeeT the other day about working out, eating right, plateauing, blah blah blah. She told me that you had to eat enough calories so that you had something to burn. Ok, check. I can do that. So girls, listen up, you can't consume 500 calories and work out for 2 hours every day and expect to see results. That's just not how it works. Too bad.
And then I remembered a previous conversation I had with her around sugar. Oh, sweet, sweet sugar. How I love thee. But I think you love my bum more than me. BeeT told me that when she cut out sugar from her diet she started seeing some serious results. I know that I can't completely change my diet all at once, so I'm going to take baby steps. And my first baby step is Sugar, oh, sweet Sugar.
I don't eat candy very often. I only have a piece of chocolate every once in a while. Ice cream is a rarity. I've stopped buying cookies. Most of my sugar comes from Diet Coke and yummy Lipton Raspberry Ice Tea. If you drink the whole 16 oz. bottle, 40 g of sugar is what you get. OUCH. Starting right this minute I'm severly scaling down my sugar intake.
Be strong. I guess that means no Diet Coke at the Chick Flick Movie this week.
Sacrifice. I can do it.
Oh, sweet sugar...
6 comments:
Who the crap is BeeT?
You can join my healthy eating, it still allows for Diet Coke!
blah. I've given up diet coke for good. I don't know if I can do sugar.
I really need to do this too. I am sitting here with some ice cream, I just can't seem to do it. I will most likely be the friend in the movie with candy and a giant Diet Coke, I better not sit by you and tempt you.
Hellooooo? There is NO SUGAR in Diet Coke, hence the word DIET, lol! You crazy! The Caffeine is what the problem is. Caffeine actually causes an increase in appetite. Trust me, I am the healthiest BBW I know!
It's true there is no sugar in Diet Coke...so you can still partake...but the Lipton Iceteas taste so yummy because of that sugar! Otherwise have you tasted green tea? It doesn't taste like anything but grass...gross...I had to cut sugar...I was eating candy, fruit snacks, chocolate...if it had refined sugar I ate it! I also counted my calories like a crazy person...ask Jen she probably hates my diet journal, but the 50-30-20 has been the best thing I could have done for my health and body!
Enjoy that Diet Coke!
Post a Comment