Every once in a while you just gotta get away.
What's better than the stinky, smelly, smokey, people-watchin' goodness of Wendover?!
And this time it was a real adventure! Let's count them...
#1- Old Peruvian Men are Weird. Case in point~ Brooke, April and I were standing watching the sports tv's and an old peruvian man came up and told us over and over we were beautiful. And then he preceded to smell us. Yes, smell us. Ew.
#2- If we don't respond to your question then stop trying to talk to us. Case in point~ Brooke, April and I were sitting at the penny slots, I had just won $26 in pennies, and some yucky skinny boy who had tried to talk to us before but we had ignored came up to April and said "Man, the ring could probably scratch my eye out." April has got a HUGE diamond ring... He then proceeded to lift her hand to his face and rub her ring on his cheek. Check please...
#3- Do we look lonely? Case in point~ Brooke and I got tired around midnight so we headed over to the cafe, picked up a cheesecake and hot fudge sundae to go. Then we headed over to the gift shop to get bottled water. We must have looked lonely because the employee ringing up our water asked us what our favorite color was and then proceeded to disappear into the back room for 5 minutes. When he came back out he gave us earrings in our favorite colors. Now we are getting presents from strangers... We figured it is because we looked pathetically lonely.
#4- How many people can you stuff into a hotel room? 9.
Oh the joy of Wendover. We had a great time and it was just the little "getaway" I needed from a few long, hard weeks at work. Thanks possee~ Ben, Nick, Brooke, Casey, April, Ryan, Emily, Brian.

5 comments:
Where else can you meet weird Peruvian men and have endless memories other than Wendover? Um that's why we go right? Not to gamble and win millions, cuz we all know that's not gonna happen there. We go for the memories. (now imagine Barbara Streisand singing the Memories song)
Oh, that is great Sandy! hehehe, you got smelled by an old guy, heheh.
Dude, do you not remember my post about the man in Vegas asking me to smell him? It is some weird casino conspiracy! Wendover is an armpit!
Wendover and Mesquite have weird people! My husband and I went to Mesquite for our anniversary one year, and one of the bar tenders tried to come stay the night in our hotel room, and he knew we were there for anniversary!
Wendover is one of those places where weird things happen. I remember the last time I was there, it was about 20 minutes before the Fun Bus was about to leave and some casino guy came up and asked me for my ID. He didn't care about any one else though and then he asked for my number. Strange place that Wendover.
Post a Comment