Friday, March 23, 2007

Pups Get Birthday's Too!

Call me crazy. Call me a nut. Call me whatever you like, but I don't really care! Before my obsession with Guitar Hero, my very first and foremost obsession are my pups. But I think you've come to realize that about me if you've read any of my posts or know ANYTHING about me.

When Buster turned 1 last year we had a party, complete with his furry friends, presents, and doggie cookies. It was an absolute riot. So when I called Steve last week and asked him if we were having a party for Buzzy's 2nd birthday I was completely shocked when he stuttered out a very simple "No." What the? I know he's doing it just to piss me off, but come on. No party for Buster? Whatever! I was still going to have my own little party, even if this time around I couldn't go crazy like last year.

So this year, for obvious reasons, I kept it simple. I took half a day off from work last Friday, got a new toy- a purple octopus with really long tenticles that the pups can play tug-a-war with, and bought a few puppy cookies. Then I spent the next hour with Buzz and YoYa (as Destiny likes to call her). We held the festivities at Steve's parents home in the backyard (of course before Steve Senior got home because for some odd reason he's not to hip on me).

I tried to get them to play and run, but all they both wanted to do was sit on my lap and cuddle. Apparently they did enough running earlier though because after an hour they both passed out, either from excitement of seeing Mom or as a trick to get Destiny to leave them alone.

1 comment:

The Trusty Blog said...

Happy Birthday little Buster!