Oh yes, I have a new obsession. And I don't even know why I am so obsessed. It will ruin my eyes, give me carpal tunnel, make me expel some words that I couldn't kiss my mother with, and in general consume massive amounts of time in which I could be doing something much more productive~ like finding the cure for cancer or doing those heaps of laundry that are sitting behind my closet door. But no, it has captured me! And what is my new obsession?

Guitar Hero. Need I say more? I've heard my friends rave about this game and I always thought "WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL?" Now I've been sucked into the world of pretending I am a ROCKSTAR!
I blame it all on my roomie Aimee. It's all her fault and I take no responsibility. Ignore the fact that I will play even when she is not with me. She has created this monster! It is making me late for everything. And it's just not me. It's everyone who comes to our apartment. We trap them in our little obsessive web! No one can escape. This week we hooked Lisa, Russ, Ben and Nick. Sorry kids. But isn't it a wonderful world to live in?
There are so many fabulous songs to choose from that some nights you stay up hoping to play until your little fingers just want to shrivel up and fall off. I jammed my finger that plays the "blue note" on Saturday, but did that stop me from having Guitar Hero playoff's that night? NO! I had to show the boys what I was made of. And who invited Nate and Ben to play? Those little closet-rockstars stole the show and beat all of us! Here's a small sampling of the fabulous little tunes we get to choose from... Oh, and this is only on Guitar Hero 1. There's a Guitar Hero II. And it's coming out for XBOX soon...
*Mother *Heart Shaped Box *Message In A Bottle *Shout At The Devil * Bark At The Moon *I Love Rock and Roll * I Wanna Be Sedated * Smoke On The Water
And one more thing~ don't try to sing along because that just messes everything up! I'm a freak. And I love it in this freaky Guitar Hero world.
No comments:
Post a Comment