Thursday, August 12, 2010

Made With Love (and Thread)

Meet my new toy... Look how many settings this little fella has... 80!! This is my first sewing machine. Thank you dear Kimberli for connecting me with my new Brother. And thank you for not laughing when I referred to the bobbin as the "little spool." Oh boy, I have a lot to learn.

I was so excited to get started on my first project.
First, collect thread. Can't sew without thread. And don't go to the quilting speciality store looking for basic sewing machine thread. They just laugh at you and tell you to go to a fabric store. Uh... have you seen how many threads (is that a word?) you can choose from? I was soooo tempted to get the sparkly ones.




Next, collect supplies! Check.



Then sew, sew, sew.
And handsew on the little buttons for that extra bit of love.







You see, I made these for a very special new addition to this world...
Baby Cupcake.








Made with love from Sandypants.

5 comments:

Smiley Family said...

Cute, cute! Can't wait to see more projects. You go girl!

Theresa said...

Way cute! Congrats on the new house by the way.

Lisa said...

Oh, these really are so, so cute! I can't wait for her to be able to wear them! But, where the heck am I? We need to remedy this missing picture problem asap, Russ can't have more camera time than me. ;)

Tarika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tarika said...

Super cute!

P.S. I deleted the above comment. I realized that I signed in with the wrong account. :)