Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Letter for My Favorite Friend...

My best friend in this whole world just got engaged.
I am estatic for her! On the other hand, I am totally bummed that we live so far away and I can't be there to squish her and hug her and squeel over all the girly details with her like a best friend is supposed to do. It's hard sometimes when your bff lives like a zillion miles away. The other night I was thinking about what makes her my best friend.
And this card I found says it perfectly...


A Letter for My Favorite Friend.

I like you.
I like you a whole lot.
I like you because when something matters to me,
it matters to you, too.
When you have a good idea,
you tell me first-
when I do, I tell you first.
That's what make us
such a great team.
I like you because
when I say something funny,
you laugh.
and when I'm not my usual self,
you notice right away
and ask me, "What's wrong?"
You're there for me
and I'm there for you.
That's what friends are for.
I like you because-
I just do.
When somebody asks me
who my best friend is,
I say You, and you say Me,
and fifty years from now
we'll say the same thing.
That's the way it is
and will always be-
you can count on it!

For those of you with a BFF who is truly your best friend in every sense, someone you can talk to about everything and anything, someone who respects (maybe not necessarily agrees with all the time) your opinion and the choices you make, someone who is there to celebrate with you or to cry with you when you're at rock bottom, someone who you don't need words to communicate but just a simple look, someone who you don't need to talk to everyday and still know that you're best friends, someone who lifts you up and tells you that you are fabulous but also keeps you in check when you're being a snot, someone like this is truly valuable and you should consider yourself lucky.



To my best friend, I love you and am so happy for you!

1 comment:

Holly said...

YAY for Stacy! Congratulations!!!