Thursday, June 3, 2010

Adventures in Sanding


I've been sanding for five days straight at MeCasa el' New-o. Doors, baseboards, banisters, bathroom cabinets. Sanding, sanding and re-sanding. Let the pictures tell the story...

Sanding is fun! I have two electric sanders, weeeee! I'm going to get all the sanding and staining done this weekend. I am floating in an alternate universe where unicorns and gumdrops are a daily occurance. Oh, and thinking I can get it all done in three days. I love La-La Land! Oh, hello Skunky Pony (aka lil' sis'). Glad you are here to help! This is gonna be so lovely.


Hmmm... Okay, Day 1 didn't work out so well. I'm determined to stain today. What, that silly mouse sander left deep swirly marks that show up so nicely in dark stain? no worries. I can just sand them out... Where did the unicorns go?


Swirly Marks= death. 9 hours of sanding = death to the swirly marks. Oh, and that goop I tried last night to take off all the remaining polygloss? What, it gobbed up? What, it won't come off?
Noooooo!!!!

GROWL. BURN SANDING BURN. These doors look like bunk. First layer of stain=crap-o-la. Oh, but those two doors look nice. WWWHHHHYYY?

No.More.Please. What? The bathroom cabinets are pleading to get painted. Why not?

Stay tuned for what happens on Day 6 at MeCasa.

4 comments:

Holly said...

BA HA!!!! I love the pictures!!! And the references to unicorns. I think for me the unicorns were doing a little dance to a certain Snoop Dogg song...

Tarika said...

OH Sandypants...I love the cartoon pics. You can definitely be the next Hyperbola blogger. Good luck with the sanding adventures...love you girl. :)

Smiley Family said...

I told you sanding was a pain in the butt!! Just keep it up, and I promise it will be worth it!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I about wet my pants reading this. The pics are HILARIOUS! Congrats on your new home :)

-Aimee