
My body has stopped sweating from every pore. My muscles have all gone back to being not-so-stretchy. The smell of the yoga room has finally left my nostrils. So I figure it's about time I give my review of Bikram Yoga.
Bikram Yoga: BIKRAM YOGA is a challenging series of 26 asanas (postures) designed to systematically stretch, strengthen and restore health to every part of the body. Definition according to their website.
My definition of Bikram Yoga: Sweating your guts out for 90 minutes in a room that is over 100 degrees through a series of 26 postures that you do twice without dying with at least 20 other (sometimes more) mostly-nekked crazies.
Hardest Posture: Curl up into a ball, roll up to your knees and then on to your neck... aka Rabbit Pose. It makes you really light headed.
Favorite Posture: Savasana or Dead Body pose 'cuz I just get to lay there. JK. My fave is Spine Twisting Pose. Ahh, feels so nice. According to their website one of the benefits of this pose is that it removes flatulence from the intestines. Thank the heavens I didn't experience that!
Each posture has specific, associated benefits and it's really interesting to read about.
Cost: $$$, unless you do the first-time introductory pass for $20. You get 10 days (continuous days) of unlimited yoga. It's a sweet deal. I went five times and am addicted. Too bad I have to choose between Bikram and eating. Eating will always win out.
Score: 2 thumbs up, five stars, I'd go back in a heartbeat if someone wanted to buy me some more classes.
Go check out their website for more details... http://www.bikramyogaslc.com/
Namaste.
2 comments:
I think I'll just take your word for it on this one ;o)
Does this mean that I will have to go alone since you already did your introductory classes?
Post a Comment