Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cat Diaries ~ January 19th


Cat has lived with us for almost two months now. He's bipolar (like most Cats). Might as well start sharing Cat's crazy antics. And so begins my Cat Diaries...

Cat's momma is in Canada and has been for the last couple of days so Cat is unusually nice to me. He has learned the drill from the dogs as to what to do when I get home from work. Basically, freak out with excitement at the prospect of getting fed. The dogs wait for me at the window and Cat waits for me on the kitchen counter. Well, yesterday Cat wasn't in his normal spot when I got home from work. The dogs didn't seem to notice... I did though.

After the ritual feeding of the hounds I traveled downstairs to my bedroom to change my clothes.
*Important Note* I do not recall if I had to open my bedroom door or not. We usually keep it shut during the day so that Cat can't go in there and leave a secret deposit to piss the dogs off. He likes to antagonize them.


When I walked in to my room I noticed a stench. Hopeing it was just Dog #2 farting (which had been happening since the night before) I went about my business. Well, the dogs in the meantime were freaking out sniffing my drawers. And then the thought came to me... oh man, what if something died under my bed.
First problem~ my bed is completely enclosed underneath because I have drawers under there.
Second problem~ how would anything get under my bed with stated first fact.
Then I noticed clothes from said drawers strewn about on the floor. And I thought, what on earth was Ben looking for in my drawers? Weird. So I gathered up the guts at the possiblity of finding some spiders or a dead mouse or something else equally as nasty and opened one of my under-the-bed drawers. And guess who popped out? Cat.
Great. How long has he been under there and is that horrible stench from something special he left me? Ewwwww. So I threw off my mattress, carefully pried off a board allowing me access to under my bed. And what did I find? Nothing. At least nothing I could see...
And then it made me remember how I had a cat when I first moved back to Utah that liked to poop in Cathy's shoes. Good thing my closet door was still closed. ha. Take that Cat.

So I'm thinking this latest debacle gives both me and Cat points. Cat scores a point for somehow figuring out how to get under my bed when there's no possible way to do so unless he knows how to open a drawer with his little, sharp-clawed paws. But I too score a point because I found no stinky surprises.

CAT = 1
SANDY = 1


Until next time...
*cat in picture is not Cat.

4 comments:

Holly said...

I love the Cat Diaries.
But not Cat. Cat can stay far far away from me.

Tarika said...

I think Brooke should start a Cat Diaries blog too...except that her's would be CATS...as in multiple cats. :) Can't wait for more stories.

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

I am sure glad my cat is not like Cat. Love the cat diaries!

Smiley Family said...

You must post more! Too funny. I will NEVER own a cat, never!