Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fit or Fat in 2011

I have something on my mind.  So if you are looking for fun pictures then you'll have to wait for a few days.  Today is all talk.  It's me talking out loud.

For the first half of 2010 I was totally in shape.  I was boxing like three to four times a week. A huge source of motivation came from the need to look steller with all my girlfriends in Vegas for EmLoveFest.  And I think I acheived it. And then came the slide... {insert bomb landing noise here}

Vegas came and went.  We bought the house. We remodeled the house. We moved in to the house. I unpacked for months.  My job schedule changed and it didn't coinside with when boxing classes were.  Yeah, basically every excuse in the book came up.  And as those last few months of the year came about I noticed my jeans that fit great weren't fitting so great anymore.  And I was becoming more attracted to leggings, not just because they were cute but they weren't binding. Oh, and where did that muffin spill come from...  And that's when I started blaming it on being 31, because after all, we all know your body and metabolism and all that stuff changes once you hit the magically age of 30, right?

Not exactly... It took me until December to realize that yes, in fact, it's my lack of excercising and food choices that are causing my regular jeans to now become my skinny jeans.  I went from working out regularly to not.  I'm sure my body and metabolism and muscles and bones and hormones did not appreciate it. So Ben and I decided that for Christmas we were going to build up our own home gym.  NO MORE EXCUSES!!

Day 1... Oh dear, sweet baby Buddah.  Day 1, yes January 1st, we weighed ourselves. * sigh * And measured.  I'm the type of person who needs to see results on paper too. I know I'm going to see the results when things fit better and when I bend over there's not some extra to go around.  But I want to see actual inches via measurements.  I'm not a biggie on how much I weigh because that's all relative.  It's all about how I feel, how my clothes fit, my endurance.

Day 2... WOW, super start... I didn't work out, but I did make healthier food choices.

Day 3... Hello Jillian Michaels and 30 Day Shred.  You and me are going to become best friends.  I hate jumping jacks. I do. It's almost up there with jumping rope. Do you know what Ms. J said to me last night? If a 400 pound man can do jumping jacks then you can to. Oh, thanks. So I did them. And today, Day 4 my thighs are saying hello in a loud way. And not just because of those dang jumping jacks.

And this is one of my many new adventures for 2011.  I debated whether or not publicly putting myself out there.  But you see, I've regressed to skinnyfat again. Yes, I might still look slender to those around me, but have you seen me neked? I should hope not... Clothes cover up a lot.  Thank you Stacy London. So this is me.  I'm putting it out there in to the universe.  And I'm telling you, universe, no more! It's FIT IN 2011!

Oh, and one more thing... Dear Brie, I love you. But you can longer be my best cheese friend. Don't take it personally. My butt is making me sever this long relationship. I will visit when I can. Love, Sandy

4 comments:

Tarika said...

I am very very proud of you putting yourself out there...great minds must think a like. I am making a blog about my nutrition and change of work out endeavors. Good luck sista! May we get out of our fat pants and back into our skinny jeans. Dr. Oz says that when losing weight are to avoid leggings, stretchy pants and what we call fat pants to help keep you motivated and on the right track to get back into the skinny jeans.

P.S. I know that it is not brie, but low fat laughing cow soft cheese spreads are nearly close to the beloved Brie. They are a little pricey, but it could be used as a treat for your healthier diet choices.

loves,
t

The Simmons Family said...

You crack me up!! Thanks for that. Me and Jillina are tight. Those jumping jacks kick my butt and it's motivating when you feel all the jiggle UP and jiggle DOWN with each jump.

Nat said...

ha! I'm totally with you girl! I consider myself skinnyfat as well! :) You are hilarious, and very motivating!

Holly said...

I love it! I joined a gym by my apartment so that I can really get into shape - cause it's easy to stop the Insanity workout when you get winded just during the warm-up cause no one is watching you. And I hate jumping jacks. HATE. Enjoy the 30 Day Shred!
And I love stretchy pants. I come home from work and change into the stretchy pants if I don't have to out again within the hour.
But yay for becoming more healthy!!