Ahh... the bathroom. One of the compromises I made with this house. I really, really wanted a master bathroom, but it's all about give and take, right?
The original bathroom... wood, wood, wood. blah.
Not just wood, but gold. Everywhere.
Please notice that the light switch and electrical covers are also wood.
First thing first! Take off/out doors. Then tape. And my trusty CD player kept me going. It's almost as big as an old school ghetto blaster.
Next up is primer, gray primer to be exact. My favorite primer is Gripper brand. That stuff rocks! Please note the awesome wood toilet seat. I know you're wishing you had a wood toilet seat.
Then comes time for paint! I did all the black first.
Then I painted the walls green.
I HAD to get rid of that stinkin' gold vanity light. I saw on one of my remodel blogs that I could simply spray it with a metallic spray paint an VOILA. I chose Brushed Satin Nickle. It turned out super sparkly so I resprayed it with black spray paint. The picture above is with the metallic spray paint. Good choice to go black.. Bye bye goooollldd.
And now let me present my happy little bathroom...
Serene. Clean lines. No wood. No gold. Happy Sandy.
ACK. I forgot some gold. That will be fixed soon. Dang door stop.
See that long pole thing in the corner...
It's for my favorite part of my bathroom...
My favorite thing about my bathroom ... the skylight! It makes me happy. Especially in the summer when the sun was up at 6:30am with me showering. It didn't make that time of morning so bad. That long pole thing opens up the window and let's the breeze in. It's especially helpful when you need a good dose of fresh air after *cough cough* certain boys go in there.
Changes:
Paint vanity
Paint mirror cabinent
Paint walls
New toilet seat to white
New vanity faucet
New shower head (not shown)
Re-do of the original vanity lights
New hardware (knobs, towel road, toilet paper holder, hand towel holder)
Wish List:
Deep Soak Tub
New tile tub/shower surround
Double Shower Heads










3 comments:
I love that green, if I ever buy a house I will need your advice on paint colors. You always choose the best paint colors. Love you.
Wow! YOu have been busy! The bathroom is gorgeous. I love the whole re-do. And I'm sorry about those doors. Yuck. Thanks for sharing your lessons learned. :)
Love it! I had to settle with my so called "master" bathroom as well. I need to make it look like yours! Beautiful!
Post a Comment