Thursday, April 26, 2007

You Know You Grew Up In The 80's If...

I think I've gotten this email like a million times, so this is my response to each and every one of the points... My comments are bolded... And I would love your input also!

1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE". Duh.
2. You watched the Pound Puppies. What happens if we owned a few Pound Puppies?
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bellaire." Seriously? I think Ben and I were rapping to this a few weeks ago. ha ha ha
4. You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish. If you would like to see evidence call my mom...
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own. Nope, that was for babies.
6. You owned those little Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls. I just bought Strawberry Shortcake sparkly lotion and lipgloss yesterday for Alexa and Atley. Hmmm.
7. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom. Joey was so hot.
8. Two words: M.C. Hammer. Can't touch this.
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock". Once again, that was for babies.
10. You had plastic streamers on your handlebars. Ben, don't you have these currently?
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales". Oh Duck Tales. That was such a boy show.
12. You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons. It still is...
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. If I had more hair right now I'd still be sporting a side pony so back off.
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen. Ummm... Didn't a new one just come out?
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at
school. This was my FAVORITE! My parents even bought it for us to play at home! Someone in college once told me that if we were pioneers I would be the first to die. Obviously he had never seen me play Oregon Trail.
16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a
knot on the side. Now we belt it. Thanks Tarika.
17. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House). Somehow I always ended up with the Mansion. It was meant to be.
18. You wore Jordache jean jacket and you were proud of it. LOSER.
19. L.A. Gear... LOSER.
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten. Heck yes I did. I think there is even a JEM doll floating around at my mom's...
21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing" and all the
Ramona books. Ramona completed in 1st grade. Ramona rocks.
22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF." Who doesn't?
23. You wanted to be a Goonie. I am a Goonie.
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. Once again, ask my mom for the damaging evidence.
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell
off... Yeah, that's back when I had a major crush on him. What was I thinking?
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf. I just pondered this on Sunday.
27. You took Lunch Pails to school. Lunch Boxes wierdo's. I did up through 6th grade.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets. They were good little weapons.
29. You still get the urge to! say "NOT" after every sentence. So does Borat...
30. You remember Hyper color t-shirts. Dumb.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band. I think I had their CD.
32. You thought Sheera and He-Man should hook up. PEOPLE! Read my previous post. I AM SHE-RA. And I hooked up with He-Man last night.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you
exchanged friendship bracelets. I do that now. Girls, expect me to craft you some friendship bracelets soon.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. Ahhh Jelly-Shoes. Stinky stinky jelly shoes.
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are,
but what am I?" This is going to be my permanent comeback to everything now.
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up." Get Life Alert old lady. Don't be such a wuss.
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were in-line skates. Classic Skating all the way!
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide. Who didn't?
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It. This should be a sport. It is seriously hard.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds. Mmmm McDonalds.
41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement. Oh how sad am I? Don't answer that.
42. You remember Popples. Oh yes... those cool bead things! I forgot about these!
43. "Don't worry, be happy." Is Damien Marley in the house?
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks. Come on, we all know you can't wear 8 pairs of socks at one time. Duh. Not like I ever tried though...
45. You wore socks scrunched down. It was cool ok.
46. "Miss MARY MACK MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK." Anybody up for a challenge?
47. You remember boom boxes vs. cd players. A boom box is only a boom box if you carry it on your shoulder.
48. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies. Gremlins seriously freak me out!
49. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!" Hey Lisa- Didn't someone say this at the Halloween Party?
50. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and My Little Pony Tales." Yeah, remember that time that "Santa" accidentally gave me Holly's My Little Ponies for Christmas? Whatever.
51. You thought Doogie Howser was hot. Still do.
52. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from! Melmac. He currently lives in my brush.
53. You remember when New Kids on the Block were cool. These guys were seriously RADICAL! I was a crazy fan!
54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell", the ORIGINAL class. It's still on tv and I STILL watch it!
55. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THRU THE HEART. And you're too late. You give Love a bad name.
56. You just sang those words to yourself. Check. And it sounded GOOD!
57.You remember watching Magic vs. Bird. Magic was magic.
58.You cut your t-shirts in half and wore it with your homemade Levi
shorts..(the shorter the better). Ew. Nu uh.
59. You remember when mullets were cool! Finally someone told Karen they aren't!!
60. You had a mullet! Gross no!

Thanks for playing and rock on Child of the 80's!

1 comment:

Lift up your skirt grab your balls and live life!! said...

I unfortunately can relate to most of those. Just shows how old we are. Especially you old fart. 28 is so old